1.13. Device of maintenance of constant speed of the movement (cruise control)
The system provides constancy of the set speed (over 40 km/h) if the engine can provide it, and exempts the driver from need of pressing an accelerator pedal.
For inclusion press the CRUISE MAIN button on the dashboard. For switching off press the button once again.
The cruise control should not be included at high intensity of traffic and in adverse road conditions (the ice-covered or wet road, a gravel covering).
Control of the required speed of the movement of the car
1. Increase the speed of the movement of the car until the required speed (not less than 40 km/h) is reached.
Fig. 1.15. Arrangement of the button of control of the device of maintenance of constant speed of the movement (cruise control)
2. Press for a short time the SET button at an end face of the switch of screen wipers and windscreen washer (fig. 1.15). You do not keep the button in the pressed situation.
3. Release an accelerator pedal. The established speed will be automatically supported by a constant.
Increase in speed of the movement
1. Press the SET button and hold in the pressed situation – there is a uniform increase in speed of the movement of the car.
2. At achievement of the required speed release the button.
Reduction of speed of the movement
1. Turn the button to the left in situation "COAST" and hold in the pressed situation the COAST-RESUME button on the switch of screen wipers and windscreen washer (fig. 1.16) – speed will gradually decrease.
2. When the required speed is reached, release the button. After that the new established value of speed will be maintained at the constant level.
1. Press the CRUISE MAIN button to switch off the device of maintenance of constant speed of the movement.
2. Easily press a pedal of a brake or a pedal of coupling (if the car is equipped with the mechanical transmission).
3. Install the selector lever (if the car is equipped with the automatic transmission) in a N position.
4. The device of maintenance of constant speed of the movement will automatically be switched off if speed decreases by about 15 km/h below the established speed.
Repeated inclusion at a speed more than 40 km/h
Again to gain the speed established last time turn the COAST-RESUME button to the right in situation "RESUME" and release it. The car automatically will begin to gather speed until earlier established speed is reached. At a speed less
40 km/h the device of maintenance of constant speed of the movement will remain switched off until the car does not gain speed more than 40 km/h again. In this case turn the COAST-RESUME button again to the right and release it. The car automatically will begin to gather speed until earlier established speed is reached, and supports this speed constantly.